Thursday, December 1, 2011

Diversity Of Life

In many documentaries I've seen, biologist and scientist talk about how diverse life is on planet Earth.  I find this principle to be true in social situations as well.  Many people I've encountered in my travels have been colorful and unique.

I met a person in an airport.  We both had to wait for connecting flights.  He seemed mesmerized with my accent.  While my accent would seem uncommon to most people, he found it uncommon.  He was able to pick up the diverse nuances in my speech.  I grew up with more than one language and more than one national background.  He was able to pick up some, but not pinpoint all of them.  Since then, on occasion, I come across people here and there who comment on my accent.  I figure that these people have a special gift.  Their gift must be in their hearing.  They seem able to pick apart things they here and analyze them.  I cannot say I can do such things.  While I enjoy music, that's where the magic of hearing stops.  I can't sing, and I can't even keep rhythm.  These people have a special ability.  You never know who or what your going to come across.

I know a person who has never had a broken bone.  She's even been in a car accident but with no broken bones.  This reminds me of the movie Unbreakable.  In the beginning of the movie the hero slowly discovers that what he took for granted in life was remarkable to others.  He did not break.  He would walk away from accidents.  This prompted some self discovery and he found out how else he was different.  I have encountered just a couple of people like that.  I can safely say that they are strong but level headed and quiet people.  They don't seem to have egos to bruise or care to prove themselves to anyone.  These are amazing individuals and they have my full respect.

Some people I've encountered had a very different gift, if you can call it that.  They were unlucky.  Unlucky things would always happen to them.  They were not necessarily devastating, but there were many of them and they happened almost on schedule or time table at regular intervals.  These incidents would be things like a fender bender, or a freak accident.  I used to think that these people just attracted these things to happen somehow.  Perhaps they do, but now I don't think its intentional.  It could be a gift, and if these people would do some self discovery perhaps they may find a way to control it.  If I had to guess, I'd say that they have natural intention that is always active and it is unruly because they have not yet found a way to control it.  Sometimes these people would say things like that they have tried to think positively but it did not work.

Empaths are natural sensitives to other people's emotions and/or pains.  This means that the untrained empath can get into trouble and suffer various emotions throughout the day.  This may seem like a disability.  The trained empath can turn the disability into an ability.  I know several empaths, and I am an empath as well.  Most empaths just want to cope with life day by day.  Others want to use their ability to help others.  I have to say that it was very liberating once I found out how to control my gift.  I was able to shore up the weaknesses and improve the strengths.  I stopped getting in trouble with my employers, and my relationship with all people improved tremendously.

People are diverse.  They have gifts.  It's important for people to find out what their gifts are and how to control them.  This requires some self exploration or self discovery.  Our society only supports self discovery on a limited basis.  It's up to each person to discover themselves.  You just may be more unique and special than you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment