Friday, December 30, 2011

Holiday Season Finally Over...And Its A New Year

This holiday season is over.  Wasn't it a hard time?  I think the holiday season got it's joy sucked out of it because of the aweful 2011 we had.  So much ups and downs....

It started with Black Friday.  More than expected participated.  Of course there were the people who got trampled on, and this year was extra special with a shopper using pepper spray on another shopper.  Even kids in that incident got hurt. Christmas day came with some murder-suicides.  I read about two different ones.  Also around Christmas, a woman lost her life due to an elevator malfunction in New York, that was horrific.  On top of that I've experienced personal sickness running through my household, and extended family woes and drama.  I know people who lost jobs, and even a car due to an accident.  On the news I just heard of a young mother who had to shoot an intruder in her home to protect her baby boy.  The tragic part is that her husband had died of cancer on Christmas day.  Then there is always the concern of the homeless and the less fortunate.  Some of my friends commented on how non-joyful the season was.

Usually joy gets sucked out of things because of how busy tasks get.  This is what I think happened here.  Activity is definitely increasing and it can get out of hand unless monitored.  A good schedule with relaxation time built in is key to good health.  At least that's how I see it.  So take some time to get centered or grounded, meditation, exercise, and just basic time for yourself to take a break from the hectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment