Saturday, May 28, 2011

Freelance Writing for Examiner.com

Examiner.com is a news site that I never heard of until I searched for writing jobs locally.

In the search Examiner.com came up looking for specific freelance writers.  I checked out their site, and its a news site for local news.  The funny thing about it is that its actually nation wide.  But when you log on or go to their site, it will default to your local city.  You can also select other cities.

They hire freelance writers for who can write for their own communities.  The writers apparently get paid by readership.  So it may not be profitable at the beginning, but its seems to be a good way to get writing professionally.

O K I'll admit I have applied.  It was a simple 3 step process and at the end they said I would get a response in 2 weeks.  In the process you select what areas you want to write about from their selection.  Then you can add one and only one subject of your own.  Too bad I had a couple in mind.

You might ask what I wanted to write about.  Well I wanted to write about Space programs and Aerospace.  I love these subjects.  I have all my life.  If your asking why don't I just do that here on this blog, my answer would be because this blog is my way to freely be myself as an intuitive.  Writing about Space and Aerospace is a analytical exercise.

So you might want to check out Examiner.com for your local news and commentaries.  You never know who is reporting what.  It just might be your neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment