Saturday, March 17, 2012

Early Spring, Renewed Reminder

Spring is early this year.  I went to the park and noticed that shrubs, grass, and trees are blooming.  Wild life is out and about.  This all means an influx of emotion has come.  That is emotion from nature.  It was in a Spring when I learned a certain technique to cope with the increased emotion.  This Spring I was reminded of the technique.  I call the technique disconnect and I want to explain it.

Of all the emotions out there, plants are the calmest.  They tend to sooth humans and animal alike.  For empaths any influx of emotion can be harmful or at least distraughting.  Since plants are calm and do not pose a threat toward humans, but rather could benefit humans, I came up with disconnect.

Disconnect is where you let your guard down.  You disattach from emotion.  You let the emotion flow through you.  It is quite an intense feeling.  Plant emotion flows like rivers of water.  The biggest step is to disattach from emotion.  I liken it to getting into a pool for the first time.  You know that water drowns people, but you want to learn to swim.  You sum up the courage to get into the water and step by step you learn to swim.  Disattaching requires a level of trepidation.

I have taken this disconnect a step further with plants.  I put one hand on a trunk of a tree while standing and let the engergy of the tree flow through my hand, down my torso and out my foot.  It's quite an experience.  When I do this my body absorbs some of the energy and for a while I will feel like a tree even after I let it.  The funny thing is that some animals like rabbits have come closer to me when I felt like a tree.  They seem to thing that I was tree kind.

Empathic disconnect is an interesting technique.  I explained how to start on it.  You may be able to use this in cases where you deem there is no danger.  It also allows you to take on the base emotion signature of others, so you can be like a chameleon.  I think I will play around with it some more this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment