Sunday, July 1, 2012

Retraining The Brain

Recently I have been impressed how natural it is for empaths to retrain their brains.  I have friends working on very deep emotional issues and yet hold it together.  They keep at it and don't give up, but monitor themselves closely.  I have the knack of training my brain for different tasks.  Incidentally, I like the repetition while other people seem to not like repetition at all.  Empaths can use this self teaching strength to cope and overcome difficulties in life.

When I had a conceptual problem understanding how a mainframe computer I maintained worked, I had to get creative.  I got into the most boring books you would ever dare to pick up, tech books.  These gave all the minute details of the functions of the mainframe down to the voltage of what constitutes a 1 and what constitutes a 0.  Now these books were quite large so I had to sift through the information to create a picture of what what going on.  I ended up making a picture.  More precisely I made a diagram of the function of the central processing unit and its co-processor.  The picture gave me an imprint in my brain so I understood how this machine worked.  So what I did is research and came up with a product that my brain could absorb and understand.  This was without anyone's help.  I learned how to teach myself.  This is just one example of training the brain.

Another example of training the brain, is when I had to change the procedure I did at work.  I would find out some information that would cause me to change my personal procedure on some task.  I would obsess about it and made sure I followed the new procedure.  Doing this over time helped my professional disposition in the sight of my employers.

Now I am faced with the daunting task of changing my thinking.  I have to come to the point where I don't panic or be anxious about things.  This is a formidable task for anybody, so I am getting help.  Even so, I am still applying my own self training methods to implement the changes required.

This self brain training is a great asset for empaths.  We can turn the experience around and help other people because we've done it ourselves.  One of the first rules in survival says to help yourself then you can help others.  I bet that it was empaths throughout history that helped people overcome difficulties.


No comments:

Post a Comment