Sunday, July 29, 2012

Understanding Emotion

How should we, as a society, understand emotion?  Why am I asking this question?  We take emotion for granted without really studying it.  We have moments of fear, happiness, sadness, joy, jealousy, elation, and many more emotions.  But what is emotion?  In the 1960's science fiction played with the entity that had no emotion, they also played with entities that could feel other people's emotion.  Emotion has been on people's brains for a long time.  There are a great many theories of emotion in the medical and psychological fields.  Just check out the wiki on emotion.  Seeing that it is a subject that is studied and used in so many fields would lead you to believe that emotion is innate to humans, and you would be right, but lacking.  Why would you be lacking?  As an empath, I see that animals and plants also have emotion, and that emotion lingers in places where people use to be.  In my experiences, I came to the conclusion that emotion is a language of its own.  It is a language of this universe.  I want to discuss my experiences with emotion in the areas of space-time, telepathy, and sharing emotion with other entities to show how I understand emotion as a highly sensitive person.  Here is a warning, this has nothing to do with science as our society understands it today.

Emotion is energy.  Energy exists in space-time. Like lingering footprints in the forest, emotion lingers in places.  When you enter in a room, do you feel the atmosphere?  I feel the atmosphere of an office, and its different than that of a movie-theater, which in turn is different than that of a stage theater. Depending on what goes on in a room will dictate the emotion.  These are rooms that have the same thing go on in them day after day and night after night.  Once I did an experiment.  I stood outside a building and closed my eyes and got into a meditative state.  I then focused on the building and counted people I sensed in a large room.  I then went inside and check for the results and I was right.  I was able to count the people currently in the room with my eyes closed.  The experience was interesting because in sensing the people they were like blobs or mounds of emotion.  When I counted I counted each mound.  The rest of the room had emotion as well but of a lesser degree so the people stood out.  Another time I wondered how we can pick up on emotion that is on a different time.  If you remember some fond memory, you feel what you felt back then.  Sometimes you can smell what you smelt back then.  If you read about a historical figure and then focus on that person and an incident, you start to get some feelings.  I believe we can pick up the emotion of those in the past even if we did not experience them ourselves.  Two specific incidents that easily conjure up emotion are the sinking of the Titanic and the first flight at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.  Anyone can immediately pinpoint the time, the place, and even the emotion with those events.  Excitement and awe at Kitty Hawk.  Sadness, anger, duty at the Titanic.  Both have a sense of trepidation.  It's just like being there.  This is what I mean when I say emotion exists in space-time.  Many say, 'I wish I could go back to that time and place and witness.'  For sensitives, the brain is a time machine.  In this way, I concur with the movie Somewhere in Time, which is a story of a man finding love in a timeslip.  I don't think interaction is possible this way but observing the past is by experiencing the emotion of the past.

Telepahy, is defined as communication between minds by some means other than sensory perception.  We  have some fanciful ways of thinking what telepathy is in practice thanks to television shows and movies.  The way I have experienced telepathy is by communicating with plants, animals, and suggestive messages.  At this point I understand if you think I'm out of my mind and that such things are not possible.  Not everyone acknowledges these things.  In this area is where I realized that emotion is truly a language.  I had had communication with trees, that is putting my back against them and just listen to their emotion.  I did find out that sick trees feel sour, and bigger trees in are stronger than their surrounding smaller trees.  The other thing that I found out is that time for trees is much much longer than for people.  I shan't go into details of my communications with trees at the risk of sounding even more bizarre than I do.  One night I was walking when I got a sensational chill down my spine.  I stopped and wondered what it was.  I looked around and there was a cat staring at me.  It occurred to me that the chill came from the cat.  I sent a telepathic message saying hi.  I got another chill in response.  I couldn't make out the message of the cat.  I suppose it uses a different style of language than I do.  My telepathy is English riding on emotion.  To linguist that may not sound right, but to people who have studied radio waves and frequencies that makes sense.  You see you can have a radio program in different human languages, but the language that the radio understands is the that of radio waves.  The radio on the other hand doesn't interpret video signal on the radio waves.  I suppose its the same difference between humans and cats as it is between audio signals and video signals.  Now with humans, telepathy is interesting.  I have not sat down in one room and tried to telepathically communicate with another person in another room.  Instead, I have sent suggestive messages via telepathy. The messages I send out are real short and to people that I can see.  For example in grocery stores, I typically would tell someone I'm coming up to that I'm going a certain route and if they could get out of the way.  They usually do.  I've noticed that normal people can get the messages, if they are open to them.  The ones that don't get the message are usually non-sensitives, that is those who are not sensitive at all.  It is rather fun sending out a quick message and seeing that a person gets it and responds accordingly.

Another way I understanding emotion is by sharing it.  For instance, I already mentioned that I put my back against a tree and feel its emotion.  In that instance I'm sharing the emotion of the tree.  The effect is that it helps me calm down.  Even when I detach from the tree I still feel the lingering emotion in me.  I also share in the emotion of other people.  If a person is excited then I get excited.  If they get angry, I get angry.  Most of this is involuntary as it is for most highly sensitive people.  I share the emotion of a room of people whether it's a concert, theater, or a meeting.  In crowds I get exited because of all the emotion floating around.  When I feel safe around people I will let their emotion flow through me, but when I feel threatened I will put up a shield.  This sharing emotions is innate in highly sensitive people.


So I shared how I experience emotion in the areas of space-time, telepathy, and sharing emotion.  Everyone is different.  Your experiences are probably different than mine.  I just wish the rest of the world would learn to understand how emotion works so we would stop stepping on each-others' toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment