Sunday, June 12, 2011

Writogasms

Have you ever had a writogasm?  The other day I did while writing my final paper for the week.  It was for one of my classes in a masters program.  I remember writing and getting into it.  It seemed that I couldn't type fast enough as the ideas raced through my head.  I finally took a break, and discovered I felt a sense of euphoria.

The feeling took me aback because I never felt it before.  This last week was a very busy week for me.  I ended up writing 3 papers for class and 3 articles, not to mention this blog.  That's a personal record.  I have never written so much before.  I wondered if other writers experience this as well.

I'm sure there are writers who can punch out a couple of long chapters in a novel in the course of a week.  I never have, yet.  So pardon my inexperience if how much I wrote this week seems like nothing.  I'm just glad I was able to do it.  It means that my migraines are under control.

Whether much or little is written, I feel that if I'm progressing as a writer then its worth a little celebration.  Hence, the writogasm.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment