Wednesday, February 10, 2021

A Math Tutor Crosses Over

 I first shared this post on Reddit a while ago. 


I work the security midnight shift at a University. It's perfect for medium work. Anyway, let me get to my story.


This last Dec 17th, Amelia approached me in the parking lot as I got out of the vehicle. I was on my way to do a round in the building where the souls of the 20 nuns are praying.

She tells me that she was a math tutor at the university and was considering to be a nun novitiate. She said she was from the 1930s era. I think it was around 1933. I forgot to as her how she died. Maybe I didn't want to know.

Amelia by EC Holm


I did ask her why she was outside and not inside the building. She said because the nuns wouldn't let her in like she wasn't one of them. I found that rather weird.


I then suggested crossing over but she wouldn't hear of it. I don't know why. She seemed to have a chatty personality. For several days, I would talk to her, mostly small talk.


On Dec 24th, we talked about her usual spot in the parking lot. There was a fire truck that went to a house across the way but there was no fire. I mentioned to her about the emergency and maybe someone died. Then I talked to her further about crossing over. She seemed to listen.

Tonight, I go to our spot in the parking lot and she's not there. I put out my feelings and found that she crossed over. I'm so proud of her.