Wednesday, February 10, 2021

The Chapel that Took Me by Surprise

 I originally posted the following on my Reddit account.


So I'm a Clairsentient Emotion Empath. I sense emotion and intent. This happened about 3 years ago. I work night shift security at a university. The oldest building is about 100 years old and it has an auditorium in it that used to be a chapel because originally the place was run by nuns.


I would normally do my rounds, no problem. I get used to the creeks and the noises of the old place. I also get used to the feeling of the place too. It has a distinct feeling of scholarly righteousness if you will. Every floor had its distinct personality, but they are all connected, they are all scholarly.


Chapel by EC Holm


Then there's the chapel. The chapel feels different like it's separate from the rest of the building somehow but physically it's not. It bothered me. I wanted to know why.


So, I did what any red-blooded medium would do and dug deeper. I did my breathing, I quieted my brain, and my eye opened up. What I sensed floored me. In the chapel were the souls of around 20 nuns doing what they would normally in life, praying in the pews.


I went in to experience more. My presence obviously disrupted them because I started to get shooshed by them as if I was a playful child interrupting the adults.


I let them be. They were not open to talking to me. Then I came to realize what I was up against. I find it sad that so many souls did not make it to the light even when they had the answer with them in life.


It's been a while since I posted the original post. Since then, I have come to the conclusion that they are fine. They don't seem to bother anyone except me when I enter the chapel and tell me to be quiet. If they are fine with hanging around for years, then I have to be fine with it as well. When and if they are ready to cross over, I will be ready to help.